The Render and Data Technician (RDT) position is a great opportunity for technical individuals with an interest in animation and pipeline to assist in the production of both 2D and 3D CG productions. This group’s primary tasks are to manage usage and allocation of Atomic Cartoons digital resources including render and data storage, monitoring of renders and image processes and troubleshooting where necessary, and perform associated administrative tasks to ensure the resource needs of the facility and productions are met.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Render queue management for the facility.
- Dynamic management of render farm resources based on forecasted allocation and production deadlines.
- Error check and troubleshoot technical problems related to rendering and data management.
- Optimization of render scripts.
- Create and distribute reports for night rendering.
- Disk resource management; monitoring critical servers, network and file server load as it affects workflow.
- Respond to incoming issues and requests from facility, artists, and production promptly.
- Coordinate communication between artists, Production, and Pipeline to make sure data issues and needs are addressed.
- Script tools to automate common tasks and improve workflow.
- Provide global support; including after hours and weekend coverage
- Manage data to ensure storage resources are used efficiently and safety limits are not exceeded.
- Follow standard operating procedures.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or related field or previous work experience in animation, visual effects, games or another related industry is preferred.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with a variety of 3D packages such as Houdini, Katana, and Nuke is an asset
- Experience with a variety of 2D packages such as After Effects and Harmony is an asset
- Working knowledge of Maya is an asset
- Python scripting skills are an asset
- Strong communication skills across a wide variety of stakeholders/colleagues.
- Able to plan and organize your own workload, and work effectively in a fast-paced production environment.
- Able to legally work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in studio; BC residents preferred.
START DATE: ASAP 2020
Atomic Cartoons Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.