This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated series Editor who enjoys being part of an exciting and fast paced animation studio.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in prepping scenes for editorial.
- Assist in sourcing Temp SFX + Music to convey the feel of the final product.
- Use Shotgun to ensure the production database is updated with current progress.
- Ensure the timeline is up to date with correct versions and audio.
- Assist in preparing sequence edits for client approval when required, as well as other outputs and deliveries.
- Support communication around pipeline/development issues that surround outsource.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working in an Editorial Department on a 2D/CG series.
- Proficiency in editing using Premiere.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology.
- Possess an understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and resolutions.
- File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
- Meticulous attention to detail, high standard of quality and highly organized.
- Familiarity with Toon Boom Storyboard Pro is an asset.
START DATE: TBD 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.