This is an excellent opportunity for a CG Lighting and Compositing Artist with Katana experience to join the crew on one of our exciting CG productions!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work shot by shot or in sequences to attain the creative lighting goals of the director with the support of the Lighting Supervisor
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including FX and Animation
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management
- Be up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience using Katana.
- An understanding of Maya and Nuke.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Industry experience working in a studio environment; working on an episodic show is an asset.
- Experience using Renderman an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting & publishing an asset.
- Ability to provide feedback to team members on work under development and mentor less experienced team members is an asset
- Able to legally work in Canada.
- Must be able to work in studio; BC residents preferred.
START DATE: MARCH 2020
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, and link to your Portfolio.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.