Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
JUNIOR PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT
Atomic Cartoons, a Thunderbird Company, is looking for a Junior Production Accountant. The Junior Production Accountant provides support to the Accounting team in various aspects of production accounting, with an emphasis on AP and bank reconciliations. The candidate must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and have a great sense of humour.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Process high-volume AP, including remittances for voice performers and writers according to union guidelines.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare GST remittances.
- Openness to perform other duties as assigned and needed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Post-secondary certificate or degree, training and experience in accounting.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Excel is required.
- Experience with accounting software. Sage accounting software is preferred.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn, grow, and become a strong contributing member of our team.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
Start Date: TBD
Compensation: TBD based on experience – Benefits applicable after probation period
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume and Cover Letter
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.