Atomic AI, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotech company transforming the rational design of molecules and medicines through the cutting-edge fusion of artificial intelligence and structural biology. Atomic’s unique R&D platform, based on research featured on the cover of Science, provides new strategies to treat or cure previously undruggable diseases by targeting RNA structure. We are an interdisciplinary team working across computational and experimental biology and believe that our strongest asset is our people.
We're looking for a talented software engineer who is excited to partner with our scientists as we design and scale cutting-edge experimental protocols. You'll take ownership of, and design the future of, our experimental data ingestion and management pipelines, and you'll do full-stack development to enable access and visualization of that data.
At Atomic AI, you will be an execution-focused self-starter with a passion for scientific research and a positive attitude when facing challenges. You will prioritize effectively amidst complexity, adapt nimbly to changing conditions, and grow outside of your comfort zone. You will collaborate thoughtfully and promote the success of all team members.
- Build tools and systems that accelerate scientific discovery, in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams of biologists, software engineers, and ML scientists.
- Propose, design, and implement extensible and flexible systems for ingesting and storing large-scale experimental data. Assume ownership and optimize existing ingestion processes.
- You will also create APIs to make in-house and imported data usable by our internal teams; provide data visualization capabilities with dashboarding solutions.
Qualifications (as a mixture of specific skills):
- Strong programming and API design experience, preferably in Python or a similar language
- Experience with data architecture, data modeling, data visualization, and schema design, including developing extensible extract-transform-loadworkflows.
- Solid software engineering skills and knowledge of best-practices in implementing robust, scalable systems.
- In-depth knowledge of database principles and corresponding query language skills including SQL
- Knowledge or experience with bioinformatic pipelines for large-scale next-generation sequencing data.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience, 2+ years of professional experience working as a software engineer
- The ability to understand complex scientific problems and collaboratively develop flexible solutions in a rapidly changing environment,
- Strong technical communication skills
- You've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong
- Experience collaborating on biological problems and/or exposure to laboratory practices in biology
- Familiarity with modern machine learning methodology and its application to scientific data integration
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.