Atomic AI, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotech company transforming the rational design of molecules and medicines through the cutting-edge fusion of artificial intelligence and structural biology. Atomic’s unique R&D platform, based on research featured on the cover of Science (doi.org/10.1126/science.abe5650), provides new strategies to treat or cure previously undruggable diseases by targeting RNA structure. We are an interdisciplinary team working across computational and experimental biology and believe that our strongest asset is our people.
As a full-time Scientist or Senior Scientist in the Bioscience team, you will advance our platform for the identification and validation of functional RNA targets for drug discovery. You will use functional genomics techniques and leverage our proprietary 3D structure prediction algorithms to decode sequence-structure-function relationships. As an early employee, you will proactively shape the scientific and strategic vision of the company.
At Atomic AI, you will be an execution-focused self-starter with a passion for scientific research and a positive attitude when facing challenges. You will prioritize effectively amidst complexity, adapt nimbly to changing conditions, and grow outside of your comfort zone. You will collaborate thoughtfully and promote the success of all team members.
- Identify and validate domains in human mRNAs that regulate cellular function including: processing, splicing, translation, or stability.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot NGS-based experiments to understand the sequence determinants of RNA regulatory domains.
- Recruit, mentor, and oversee research associates.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize data, and clearly document and communicate research outcomes to colleagues.
- Work within a collaborative, high-caliber, interdisciplinary team.
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related field.
- Deep understanding of mammalian RNA regulation mechanisms.
- Experience developing, validating, and applying MPRA or minigene reporter assays for pooled or arrayed screening of RNA function in mammalian cells.
- Experience decoding RNA regulation using NGS-based methods, such as RNA-seq, polysome profiling, ribosome footprinting, metabolic labeling, eCLIP, or CRISPR screening.
- Proficient in data analysis using Python (or similar language) and common bioinformatics tools.
- Mature in scientific thinking and rigorous in recording methodologies and results.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, able to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- 3+ years of relevant industry or post-doctoral research experience.
- Familiar with experimental and computational techniques used to measure, model, and analyze RNA structure.
- Familiar with concepts and methods in early drug discovery.
Atomic AI is considering applicants at multiple levels for this role. Your level and salary will be based on your skills, knowledge and experience. Base salary is just one component of Atomic AI’s competitive total rewards strategy.
Salary Range: $150,000/year to $185,000/year + equity + benefits
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.