Atolla is a custom skincare startup founded by a designer, data scientist, and dermatologist from MIT, and the winner of Popular Science's Best Innovation of 2019 Award.
They leverage a patented machine learning process to create custom skincare products using an easy, at-home skin test. Their first product is a monthly subscription for a custom serum to tackle skin issues (including wrinkles, breakouts, dryness, and dark spots). Each month, users do a quick at-home skin test that measures their oil, moisture, and pH levels. Atolla uses this data, combined with information about user's diet, environment, and lifestyle, to determine and adapt their serum formulation as their skin changes.
Select recent media:
As a VP of Engineering, you will play a crucial part in building our inclusive behaviors and practicing a thoughtful, high-performing approach to Engineering. You’ll also support internal stakeholders throughout the business and work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing and Operations.
Our technology stack:
- Our store and order management technology is built using PHP (Laravel)
What you will be working on:
- Leading and shaping a team of engineers. You'll empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality.
- Ideally contribute some code early on, and transition out of that as the team scales.
- Lead the execution of key initiatives of strategic importance to the company.
- Develop, articulate, and execute a long term vision for the technology stack.
- Deliver both user-facing and backend improvements that optimize the Atolla experience.
- Work within a product team to ship well-tested features & enhancements to production.
- Contribute to the implementation and refinement of Atolla algorithms.
Who you are:
- Have 7+ years relevant professional experience, some of which include working with Internet-based products and/or venture-funded start-ups.
- Have management experience on product-focused teams, and you understand how important career growth and mentorship is to engineers.
- Enjoy partnering with cross-functional folks - data science, design, product, and marketing.
- Experience building high traffic web applications and services.
- Comfortable with agile management practices with a track record of successfully managing and delivering several large projects.
- Strive to improve systems, processes and look to remove bottlenecks hampering team productivity.
- Based in New York City
What would make you stand out:
- Experience in retail / eCommerce, start-up experience
Compensation and benefits:
- Up to $200k plus healthy equity
- 75% paid health insurance. Medical and dental
- Gym/wellness reimbursement up to $100
- Phone/WiFi reimbursement up to $120
- Transit reimbursement (if applicable)