Who We Are:
Headquartered in Austin, TX with operations in Kermit and Monahans, TX, Atlas Energy Solutions is the leading provider of high-quality frac sand and innovative logistics solutions to Exploration & Production operators and oil field service providers in the Permian Basin. We are proud of what we do – we have state of the art manufacturing facilities, premium offerings, outstanding customer service, and exceptional work culture and a commitment to giving back to the community.
We’re very excited about what we see in front of us, and we think you will be too – so come join our team and contribute to our growth!
How You Will Make an Impact:
The Maintenance Supervisor provides technical support for the safe and efficient operation of terminal and logistics equipment with limited supervision. Duties include but are not limited to maintenance and repair of equipment such as bucket elevators, conveyors, pumps, and control devices. Troubleshoots issues, repairs failures of production and facilities equipment and ensures maximum efficiency and effectiveness of operations. Understands process flow and evaluates ways to increase operating efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist maintenance manager in planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance projects and programs.
- Responsible for leading all maintenance and electrical maintenance and repairs.
- Assist maintenance manager in performance discussions and corrective action.
- Work with Maintenance Planner and Scheduler to prioritize workload for the day and night shift.
- Gather technical information for maintenance crews to perform the jobs safely and efficiently.
- Develop SOP’s and procedures to improve employees’ skills.
- Work with maintenance team to help maintain plant cleanliness and appearance through general housekeeping, including washing and maintain company vehicles and tools.
- Make sure equipment repairs are being done properly and parts are being issued to the work orders, checks the status of equipment availability, and work with operation supervisors to coordinate downtime.
- Help develop tasks related to predictive and preventative maintenance programs to improve the operation of plant equipment.
- Be able to interrupt blueprints and equipment manuals.
- Work with Warehouse specialist to maintain critical spares for plant equipment.
- Contact and work with contractors/vendors on projects and to keep up with the latest technologies.
- Coordinate and plan down time efficiently to maximize uptime of production and communicating with operations when tasks are being scheduled.
- Knowledge of how equipment works, from gearboxes, conveyors, hydraulics, load out chutes, gas and diesel engines, vehicle and machine repairs, with the ability to troubleshoot and analyze equipment problems.
- Coordinate work with Planner/Scheduler and follow up on completed jobs.
- Work overtime as required to minimize plant downtime.
- Perform any other tasks asked of you by your supervisor.
- Always looking for new and better ways to improve plant processes and maintenance procedures.
- Can perform all tasks of Level 1, 2 and Senior mechanics
- Basic hand tool knowledge
- Safe work practices and procedures
- Methods, equipment and materials used in the mechanical trade
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of blueprints, shop drawings and sketches
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required
- Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand-held measuring tools
- Minimum five (5) plus years’ experience in Industrial and/or mining related fields is required and with a basic understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical repairs. Must have experience in maintaining and repairing processing equipment and heavy equipment.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills required to use maintenance related software for writing work orders and troubleshooting. Proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel are required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Regularly required to use dexterity to handle, reach, and feel.
- Required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Capable of working extended hours when needed.
- Must be able to tolerate conditions associated with no air conditioning or heat.
- Courses and/or logged hours in the industrial maintenance field are recommended
- Knowledge in equipment reliability and preventative maintenance preferred
- Prior training and certification in the following areas highly desirable: welding certification, vibration analysis, electrical/mechanical, bearing training, conveyor systems, pumps, fans, screening equipment, and vibrating conveying systems.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Best People and Great Places to Work, Hire Vets ,Top Place to Work For – Austin American Statesman
- Your Well-Being is a 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Invest in Your 401K with company match, immediate vesting
- Relax and Paid time off and 10+ company paid holidays