Who We Are
Headquartered in Austin, TX with operations in Kermit and Monahans, TX, Atlas Energy Solutions is the leading provider of high-quality frac sand and innovative logistics solutions to Exploration & Production operators and oil field service providers in the Permian Basin. We are proud of what we do – we have state of the art manufacturing facilities, premium offerings, outstanding customer service, and exceptional work culture and a commitment to giving back to the community.
We’re very excited about what we see in front of us, and we think you will be too – so come join our team and contribute to our growth!
How You Will Make an Impact
As the Geology Intern, you will have the incredible opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing business! You will collaborate and support the Geology team by creating a wide range of maps using GIS, pulling aggregating and analyzing data from public and government entities, and working on Business Development projects that impact business.
This position is open to students entering their third or final year of their undergraduate degree or a Master's degree.
This role will be based onsite at our Headquarters in Austin, TX.
This internship is flexible on start date and will go through May 2024.
- Collect and analyze data from public and government sites
- Assist in creating maps for presentations and comprehensive reports
- Help create and update web maps and web applications using the ArcGIS Online platform and ArcGIS Pro
- Digitize maps
- Create Geospatial Data Analytics visualizations
- Summarize & communicate data trends and results
- Support Business Development Projects – geology focused
- Junior or Senior working towards a Bachelor or Masters of Science in Geology or Geophysics or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Driven and eager to learn and create using ArcGIS Pro, ESRI Enterprise, Global Mapper, Google Earth and other software packages
What You’ll Love About Us
- Work on challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Work closely with talented mentors and leaders
- Be part of a great team
- Take your GIS and data skills to the next level and beyond