Who We Are
Headquartered in Austin, TX with operations in Kermit and Monahans, TX, Atlas Energy Solutions is the leading provider of high-quality frac sand and innovative logistics solutions to Exploration & Production operators and oil field service providers in the Permian Basin. We are proud of what we do – we have state of the art manufacturing facilities, premium offerings, outstanding customer service, and exceptional work culture and a commitment to giving back to the community.
We’re very excited about what we see in front of us, and we think you will be too – so come join our team and contribute to our growth!
How You Will Make an Impact
As the Accounting Intern, you will be a part of a rapidly growing organization and gain hands-on experience in various aspects of accounting and finance, while contributing to the growth and success of a dynamic business. This internship will introduce many facets of accounting – Financial Reporting, GL, Cost and cross functionalization projects across departments.
This role will be based onsite at our Headquarters in Austin, TX.
This internship will begin January 2024 through May 2024,
- Initially this position will be responsible for developing our Catalog of Financial Reports, utilizing XL connect, a reporting tool that shares an interface with our EPICOR ERP system. Interns would be responsible for both writing and vetting financial reports. This will be an instrumental role in developing the company’s monthly reporting package.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to prepare the monthly reporting package
- Work with the Controller to maintain the equity capitalization table, including recording the minority interest entry as well as K-1 reporting to our investors
- Prepare the statement of shareholder’s equity on a quarterly basis
- Assist the Senior Cost Analyst with tracking key costing metrics and other cost analysis projects
- Work with our General Ledger Accountant to classify and place fixed assets in service
- Assist with ad hoc projects that arise during the ordinary course of business
- Currently pursuing a BS in Accounting or MPA
- Individual should have strong Excel skills, including VLOOKUP, pivot tables and charting
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Individuals with leadership experience preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- Work on challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in financial reports, FL, and cost analysis
- Collaborate with experienced accounting professionals