Who We Are:
Headquartered in Austin, TX with operations in Kermit and Monahans, TX, Atlas Energy Solutions is the leading provider of high-quality frac sand and innovative logistics solutions to Exploration & Production operators and oil field service providers in the Permian Basin. We are proud of what we do – we have state of the art manufacturing facilities, premium offerings, outstanding customer service, and exceptional work culture and a commitment to giving back to the community.
We’re very excited about what we see in front of us, and we think you will be too – so come join our team and contribute to our growth!
How You Will Make and Impact:
The Dredge Mechanic provides technical support for the safe and efficient operation of dredging assets as well as all boats and barges. Duties include but are not limited to maintenance and repair of equipment such as cutterhead dredges (Diesel and Electric), outboard motors, HDPE fusing machines, hydraulic winches and other dredging, dewatering and support equipment.
Deep understanding of and extensive experience with cutterhead dredge operations in a multitude of materials and at a high rate of production.
Transferring knowledge to junior personnel to increase the size of the operation with Atlas own personnel.
- Gathers technical information to perform the job
- Performs equipment walk around and inspects and adjusts equipment; properly disposes of wastes
- Performs equipment repairs, changes out parts, checks the status of equipment availability with site supervisors, and follows procedures to pick up parts and supplies from the warehouse
- Responsible for all tasks related to predictive and preventative maintenance programs. Tasks include but are not limited to repair and maintenance of all machinery and equipment such as cutterhead dredges, centrifugal pumps, dredge tender boats, anchor barges, other floating and non floating assets.
- Performs work order repairs
- Understands all equipment in depth from 18” diesel dredges to small 150 HP outboard engines.
- Comfortable with following dredging plans and lead on the positioning of anchors and other dredge location devices.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools
- Minimum Three (3) years' experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair
- Minimum Three (3) years' experience working and maintaining a dredge
- Must have experience in maintaining and repairing processing equipment and heavy equipment
- Strong electronics experience with controls and drives
- Basic computer skills required to use maintenance software to track and log maintenance costs
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel are required
- Courses and/or logged hours in the industrial maintenance field are recommended
- Knowledge in equipment reliability and preventative maintenance preferred
- Prior training and certification in the following areas highly desirable: welding certification, vibration analysis, electrical/mechanical, bearing training, conveyor systems, pumps, fans, screening equipment, and vibrating conveying systems
What You’ll Love About Us
- Best People and Great Places to Work, Hire Vets ,Top Place to Work For – Austin American Statesman
- Your Well-Being is a 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Invest in Your 401K with company match, immediate vesting