Who We Are
Headquartered in Austin, TX with operations in Kermit and Monahans, TX, Atlas Energy Solutions is the leading provider of high-quality frac sand and innovative logistics solutions to Exploration & Production operators and oil field service providers in the Permian Basin. We are proud of what we do – we have state of the art manufacturing facilities, premium offerings, outstanding customer service, and exceptional work culture and a commitment to giving back to the community.
We’re very excited about what we see in front of us, and we think you will be too – so come join our team and contribute to our growth!
How You Will Make an Impact
The Diesel Mechanic provides technical support for the safe and efficient operation of terminal and logistics equipment with limited supervision with a focus on safety. Duties include but are not limited to troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of class 8 diesel-powered tractors, yard hostlers, and trailing equipment such as trailers and dollies. Understands process flow and evaluates ways to increase operating efficiency.
- Gathers technical information to perform the job.
- Ensure equipment is DOT compliant prior to leaving shop.
- Performs equipment walk around and inspects and adjusts equipment; properly disposes of wastes.
- Performs equipment repairs, changes and charges out parts, checks the status of equipment availability with site supervisors.
- Responsible for all tasks related to predictive and preventative maintenance programs. Tasks include but are not limited to: repair and maintenance of class 8 diesel-powered tractors, yard hostlers, and trailing equipment such as trailers and dollies.
- Performs work order repairs.
- Performs light welding and cutting to patch holes in trailers.
- Coordinates and plans down time efficiently to maximize uptime of production.
- Understands all equipment in depth from electric motors, gearboxes, hydraulics, computer diagnostic programs, gas and diesel engines, vehicle and machine repairs, with the ability to trouble shoot, analyze, and make quick responsive repairs without guidance.
- Able to set up operator welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum three (3) to Five (5) years' experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair
- Technical school a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of Tech Tool is preferred
- Must have experience in maintaining and repairing Class 8 diesel-powered tractors
- ASE electrical, Air brake System, or A/C Certification preferred
- Sufficient education to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation and records; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics
- Must be able to read and interpret diagrams, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Basic computer skills required to use maintenance software to track and log maintenance costs
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, ARC, and MIG)
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Shift: 14 days on 7 off, 12 and half hour days
- Room and board provided near the location of the job
- Must be able to tolerate working conditions associated with no air conditioning or heat
What You’ll Love About Us
- Best People and Great Places to Work, Hire Vets ,Top Place to Work For – Austin American Statesman
- Your Well-Being is a 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Invest in Your 401K with company match, immediate vesting
- Relax and Paid time off for non-rotational employees and 10+ company paid holidays