ATLAS Navigators, LLC is an accounting, tax and consulting firm that is looking for someone who fits our culture, vision, work ethic and team. ATLAS stands for Advisors That Listen And Serve and our people strive to embody that saying every day. We are a solutions-based firm that keeps a positive space, always. ATLAS seeks to add value to our clients, our people, and our culture, inside and outside of our office walls. If you are looking for a company that will invest, motivate, and inspire you to aim high, ATLAS is it.
CMMS CPAs & Advisors PLLC, An ATLAS Navigators, LLC Firm
Our CMMS Lubbock location is looking for a Tax Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a family of firms across multiple states with a lot of room for advancement.
The Tax Manager will work under the supervision of a Partner and/or Director. A Manager will support the firm’s clients in the duties listed below and provide support and leadership to the staff they work with. Some duties listed below are subject to the department the Manager primarily manages.
- Assist with client projects as assigned and function as the lead for the client relationships.
- Handle client calls as required.
- Work with the team on tax projects.
- Assist with workflow on office projects with team members.
- Prepare and review all types of tax returns (i.e., 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.) efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain client relationships through a comprehensive knowledge of tax planning including estate planning.
- Prepare and review all accounting activities provided for a client.
- Identify additional services needed by the client and update client in a timely manner.
- Actively play a role in ATLAS’ advisory services efforts.
- Responsible for (along with other Managers, Partners and Seniors) billing and WIP analysis.
- Participate and promote ATLAS initiatives such as the Coaching Program and other Firm activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information encountered while in the performance of duties.
- Train and develop other team members.
- Identify areas of potential improvements in processes and procedures.
- Participate in occasional same-day travel for work at client office and meetings using personal vehicle.
- Increased operation hours required during tax season.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and extremely organized.
- Strong client service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to set priorities and skillfully juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to lead team members and manage others’ assignments.
- Demonstrate a service mentality.
- Actively listen.
- Regularly use QuickBooks Online and Desktop with proficiency.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of Tax Basis Accounting – Cash & Accrual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA highly desirable.
- Experience with a public accounting firm.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- GAP Benefits
- Supplemental Benefits
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Plans
- 401k with Company Matching
- Bonus Structure
- Flexible PTO with sick time
- Incentive Program
- Development Program
- Company Wellness Program
Must be able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including computer, office equipment, telephone, etc. Tasks may require extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. Required to occasionally lift, hold, or carry items weighing up to 40 pounds. Individuals must perform the principal duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
ATLAS Navigators, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, racial expression, including protective hairstyles, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
ATLAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.