ATLAS Navigators, LLC is an accounting, tax and consulting firm that is looking for someone who fits our culture, vision, work ethic and team. ATLAS stands for Advisors That Listen And Serve and our people strive to embody that saying every day. We are a solutions-based firm that keeps a positive space, always. ATLAS seeks to add value to our clients, our people, and our culture, inside and outside of our office walls. If you are looking for a company that will invest, motivate, and inspire you to aim high, ATLAS is it.
The Phoenix ATLAS location is seeking a Accounting Associate to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity to join a family of firms across multiple states with a lot of room for advancement.
The Accounting Associate Role will work under the supervision of a Controller, Director, Manager and/or CPA. An Associate will support the firm’s clients in the duties listed below and provide support to the staff they work with. Some duties listed below are subject to the department the Associate primarily works in.
- Perform a variety of accounting functions while demonstrating a deep understanding of accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Review general ledger accounts and perform reconciliations. Verify accuracy of data and reports, identify and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel (subject to area of work).
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information (subject to area of work).
- Prepare month end closings including preparing and posting of adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Prepare and review Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and other month-end reports as requested.
- Follow strict guidelines regarding file management and client confidentiality.
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations (subject to area of work).
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to new ideas and approaches.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, vendors, and members of the public.
- Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Sage, Net Suites a plus.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and extremely organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to set priorities and skillfully juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a service mentality.
- Actively listen.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of Tax Basis Accounting – Cash & Accrual
- Associate degree in accounting or 3+ years of experience of bookkeeping experience preferably in a public accounting firm or other fast-paced business with responsibility for multiple clients.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Working knowledge in MS Office, and MS Teams.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- GAP Benefits
- Supplemental Benefits
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Plans
- 401k with Company Matching
- Bonus Structure
- Flexible PTO with sick time
- Incentive Program
- Development Program
- Company Wellness Program
Must be able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including computer, office equipment, telephone, etc. Tasks may require extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. Required to occasionally lift, hold, or carry items weighing up to 40 pounds. Individuals must perform the principal duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
ATLAS Navigators, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, racial expression, including protective hairstyles, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
ATLAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.