Atlas AI generates actionable intelligence on agricultural and economic trends across the developing world. Spun out of Stanford and founded in partnership with the Rockefeller Foundation, we are an AI start-up focused on social impact. Our products support decision-makers in emerging markets and across the global development sector. This is a rare opportunity to have a significant impact on the evolution of the company. You will be part of a big mission and a small team contributing to global sustainable development.
As our Director of Partnerships you will be our diplomat. You will play a lead role in connecting us with key partners and stakeholders. Partnerships enable our business with distribution channels, with training and other data and access to key markets. You will work closely with the executive team to establish, maintain and grow national and international partnerships with governments, NGOs, foundations and commercial partners. The ideal candidate will have a blend of program development and management experience alongside commercial savvy. A strong track record of both government and commercial enterprise partnerships is a must. Our initial focus is development in Africa, so experience in these markets is important. We are particularly interested in leaders who understand the development, agriculture and financial services sectors.
These are the things we’d like you to do:
- Run our existing partnerships and build new ones.
- Drive partnerships strategy/vision by deeply understanding customer and market needs in the development, agriculture and financial services sectors in Africa and other emerging markets.
- Be our diplomat. Represent the company in key forums and events. Create and lead such events on behalf of the company.
- Contribute to evolving business model development. Work closely with product, engineering, management and the founders to determine product fit and pricing.
- Work collaboratively with sales, product management, R&D and engineering to help position our products in the marketplace.
- Contribute to market development by calling on customers, industry experts, key analysts.
- Develop effective partnership strategies, pipeline management and opportunity management processes.
These are the skills we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of experience working in partnership roles commercially and/or in government.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of how data and data insights can shape government action and deliver value to business.
- Good understanding of the Geospatial Analytics market.
- Deep experience and network in at least one of the markets below nationally and internationally:
- Agritech, Development, Financial Services, Insurance, Market Research
- Experience in government partnership development both domestically and overseas in the development, agriculture and financial services sectors.
- Experience in building partnerships with large and small NGOs and Foundations active in the development, agriculture and financial services sectors.
- Entrepreneurial with scaling experience in a fast growing startup
- Intellectually curious with a strong work ethic and proven ability to work in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and growth mind-set.
- Self-starter comfortable working independently and in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- MBA or Public Management degree; BA, BS or equivalent undergraduate degree.
These skills are big pluses:
- Knowledge of or experience with software platforms, machine learning techniques, satellite imagery and data science
- Passionate about making a difference in developing nations and helping the underserved
- Believe that businesses can create powerful change in emerging markets, and that long-term financial stability and growth of any business is a critical first step to creating meaningful social and environmental impact
Our office is in downtown Palo Alto in the heart of Silicon Valley, right in the middle of our ecosystem. We offer a cool working environment, competitive compensation and great benefits. We are a “people first” company. While we love having you in the office, this role requires extensive domestic and international travel.