Global Sales Director
Atlas AI generates actionable intelligence on agricultural and economic trends across the developing world. Spun out of Stanford and founded in partnership with the Rockefeller Foundation, we are an AI start-up focused on social impact. Our products support decision-makers in emerging markets and across the global development sector. This is a rare opportunity to have a significant impact on the evolution of the company. You will be part of a big mission and a small but sophisticated team working to improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
As our Global Sales Director, you will work closely with the executive team and the founders to establish our customer base, build out our sales pipeline and deliver on our revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have a blend of business development and global sales experience. A strong track record of both government and commercial enterprise sales is a must. Our initial focus is on global development customers in Africa, so experience in these markets is essential. We are particularly interested in sales leaders who understand the development, agriculture and financial services markets.
Our office is in downtown Palo Alto in the heart of Silicon Valley, right in the middle of our ecosystem. We are a “people first” company founded by world-leading experts in AI, remote sensing, agriculture, and economics. We offer a cool working environment, competitive compensation, great benefits, and the opportunity to build category-defining technology that actually makes a difference. While we love having you in the office, this role requires extensive domestic and international travel.
These are the things we’d like you to do:
- Drive sales strategy/vision by deeply understanding customer and market needs in the development, agriculture and financial services sectors in global and emerging markets.
- Develop initial product go-to-market strategies
- Identify customers and build our sales pipeline
- Deliver on our revenue goals by meeting or exceeding monthly sales quotas
- Contribute to evolving business model development. Work closely with product, engineering, management and the founders to determine product fit and pricing.
- Work collaboratively with product management, R&D and engineering to help position our products in the marketplace
- Drive market development by calling on customers, industry experts, key analysts
- Implement strategic planning, forecasting and ongoing development of sales capacity in our team
- Develop effective sales strategies, pipeline management and opportunity management processes
- Effectively manage the productivity and efficiency of our sales process including implementing systems, reporting and building documentation.
These are the skills we’d like you to have:
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise sales in startup environments
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding multi-million dollar quotas
- Expert in CRM, sales process creation, reporting and modern sales tools
- Entrepreneurial with scaling experience in a fast growing startup
- Experience in business development preferably with NGOs and foundations active in the development, agriculture and financial services sectors.
- Intellectually curious with a strong work ethic and proven ability to work in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and growth mindset.
- Self-starter comfortable working independently and in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- MBA or Public Management degree; BA, BS or equivalent undergraduate degree.
These skills are big pluses:
- Knowledge of or experience with software platforms, machine learning techniques, satellite imagery and data science
- Passionate about making a difference in developing nations and helping the underserved
- Believe that businesses can create powerful change in emerging markets, and that long-term financial stability and growth of any business is a critical first step to creating meaningful social and environmental impact