We hired our first Growth Analyst 6 months ago and he’s doing such a good job we need another one to help grow our games! You will implement, measure and optimize user acquisition campaigns 📈 for all of our games. You will work closely with product managers, engineers and artists in different capacities. You will also develop and strengthen relationships with our current and future advertising partners.
You’ll be working on our data/growth team, also known as Team Narwhal (all our teams are named after sea creatures 🐠 ). You will join a group made up of three engineers, two artists, one growth analyst (soon to be two!) and report to our Director of Growth.
Things You Will Work On
- Creating and managing user acquisition campaigns on different channels
- Analyzing performance of campaigns and deriving strategies to optimize campaigns accordingly
- Testing and iterating on marketing assets in coordination with our creative teams
- Strengthening relationships with our advertising partners, including Facebook, Google and others
- Researching new growth channels for user acquisition
- Staying up-to-date with mobile advertising strategies and trends
- Working closely with engineers to get technical support for tools and data
Who You Are
- You possess strong analytical and quantitative skills
- You’re a data-driven decision maker
- You have an entrepreneurial initiative and strong problem solving capacity
- You try new things, adapt quickly and invest when results are promising
- You are able to work independently in an unstructured, rapidly changing environment
- You have a knack for building and maintaining business relationships
- You’re an Excel expert
Tell Us If You
- Have a background or degree in Economics, Math, Statistics, Business or a related field
- Have used Tableau
- Are passionate about mobile games 📱
- Are knowledgeable about industry trends and global consumer behaviours
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people, though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day), growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars are our favourite 🌮 , but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, mid-quarter updates with our Directors, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!