As a Marketing Artist you will be working on the Marketing Team, also known as Team Narwhal 🦄 (all our teams are named after sea creatures). You will work closely with engineers and artists to create and execute on ad campaigns for our new and existing games across multiple ad networks. You will be working primarily on creative including motion graphics and graphic design for static and video ads to promote our brand new game as we enter world-wide launch. We are always looking for new ways to engage and excite our audience through eye catching and sometimes quite humorous ads, so a good sense of humour is a must.
Team Narwhal is made up of 4 engineers and 1 artist. They are looking for a new artist to help create awesome ad campaigns.
Who You Are:
- You possess strong graphic design skills including layout and typography
- You have knowledge of video/motion principles including storyboarding, timing and movement
- You are proficient with graphic design and video software packages including Photoshop and After Effects
- You have a passion for games
While All our Apes are Different to Thrive Here You Should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better collectively than anyone could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
Tell Us If You:
- Have 2D or 3D animation skills
- Have previous mobile or game experience
- Have marketing or branding experience
Things You Might Work On:
- Work with the marketing department to create eye catching static and video ads for our existing and new games
- Concept and execute on creatives based on marketing research and feedback
- Create full ad campaigns for use across multiple ad networks
What to Include in Your Application:
- Yes, we do need your resume 😊
- Your portfolio (online or offline)
- Your video reel
If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
A Thinking Ape is a growing independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people (though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 ) + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day) and growing who just moved into a new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together, so far taco bars are our favourite 🌮.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, AMAs with our Directors and Founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story 📖 to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.