You will touch all aspects of our 3D pipeline to create effective and eye-catching visuals. You will contribute to both game and marketing teams and will work on both low poly and high poly assets.
You will be joining the team working on our newest game, Kingdoms of Heckfire. You will bring the Heckfire realm to life by creating humorous and visually appealing characters, backgrounds and props as well as drawing new players in by providing the marketing team with high poly assets to use in our ads.
Things You Will Work On:
- Creating high quality 3D assets including characters, backgrounds and props
- Concepting and executing new assets for both game development and marketing team
- Collaborating with Art Director, Artists and Animators to create eye-catching visuals
- Modelling, texturing/materials, rigging, scene setups, lighting and rendering
- Working with the product team to create a continuous stream of event and seasonal content
Who You Are:
- You have a strong sense of composition and colour
- You enjoy creating compelling characters and worlds
- You have industry experience working on all aspects of a 3D pipeline
- You are dedicated to pushing the quality of our existing assets
Tell Us if You:
- Have experience with 2D concepting, storyboarding or animation
- Have previous mobile or game experience
- Are passionate about mobile games
- Have a background working in animation
- Have experience working with Unity, Maya and/or Blender
While All our Apes are Different, to Thrive Here You Should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people, though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day), growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars are our favourite 🌮 , but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, mid-quarter updates with our Directors, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
Check out the game! 👇