Graphic Designer Co-op - Marketing Creative
This is an exciting opportunity for a current Graphic Design student at a Canadian post secondary institution graduating later than September 2023, looking to gain experience at a mobile game studio obsessed with building communities. Your work will play an essential role in connecting people to exciting new content that millions of people love and use every day. You will have the chance to learn about the entire marketing creative production pipeline and create art that will be used and seen by millions of players around the world. Note: this is not a “game artist” role. You will be exclusively working on marketing and advertising materials.
You’ll be working on the Marketing Creative team. You will join a team made up of Graphic Designers, Motion Designers, Art Directors, and Marketing Managers working across our live games and will work in collaboration with many other roles on the team.
Things you will work on
- Creating production-level concepts, ads, social media posts, AppStore creatives, and more!
- Contributing to the creation of different ad campaigns
- Working side-by-side with our Art Directors and Art Lead to create brand assets
- Working with game assets created by the internal art team.
Who you are
The primary qualifications we’re looking for are
- You have the versatility to conceptualize various art styles and genres and your portfolio shows this!
- You have a strong understanding of graphic design principles and elements (layout, color, style, typography, communication, etc)
- You have documented experience working in Photoshop (a must) and preferably also in any of these: Illustrator, After Effects, Blender, Maya
- You are interested in the social mobile gaming industry
- You are an excellent communicator and know how to manage your own time
Some other things that help are
- Experience working on any games
- Graphic Design experience
- Good command of typography, color, and layout
- Ability to draw or create your own assets and art
- Professional experience in collaborative, cross-functional environments
- Up to date on social media trends
What to include in your application
- Yes, we do need your resume 😊
- Your portfolio - show us your work from school, internships and any personal work you’ve done on your own, at a game jam or anywhere else
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail – you experiment and learn from your mistakes
About A Thinking Ape
A Thinking Ape is fully committed to diversity and inclusion; of our new hires in 2021, 49% were women or non-binary. We released our first game in 2009, and have been profitable ever since. Our teams are friendly, open to challenging themselves and everyone's ideas are heard based on our core value of having wonderful arguments. Our people leaders work with us individually to support our development, keep growing is another of our core values.
We’re working remotely across Canada, we’ll supply the equipment you need to do your work, and stipends to set up your workspace. We have a very flexible work schedule
Apply now to join us!