We can’t create our mobile games without you! The engineering & art teams at A Thinking Ape are eager to welcome you as their new teammate: One of our company values is ownership, so you’ll have lots of opportunity to make your own decisions. As a Technical Artist, you’re a bridge between engineering and art, ensuring that both teams collaborate seamlessly. You have the technical chops to make artistic visions come alive and you enjoy being an active contributor in product discussions. Check out a 2 min video clip of our engineers sharing why they are happy at A Thinking Ape. We are working remotely across Canada.
You bring …
- A thorough knowledge and proficiency with Unity (C#), Photoshop, and 3D Software such as Maya, Max, or Blender
- Experience with real-time visual effects and particle systems
- An eye for quality and the ability to maintain style across a product
- A few years of mobile game experience in a professional setting
You likely also bring experience in …
- Game art asset implementation within Unity
- Rigging and animation pipelines; the ability to modify existing rigs and weighting
- The reusing of existing assets
If the above describes some of the things you enjoy, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s a quick video clip of what we do at ATA.
A Thinking Ape is fully committed to diversity and inclusion; of our new hires in 2021, 49% were women or non-binary. We released our first game in 2009, and have been profitable ever since. Our teams are friendly, open to challenging themselves and everyone's ideas are heard based on our core value of having wonderful arguments. Our people leaders work with us individually to support our development, keep growing is another of our core values.
We’re working remotely across Canada, we’ll supply the equipment you need to do your work, and stipends to set up your workspace. We have a very flexible work schedule, three weeks of vacation, unlimited sick days, and a generous health benefits package. Our full story is here. You’re very welcome to connect with our recruiter Ingrid on LinkedIn.
Apply now to join us!