We can’t create our mobile games without you! The engineering team at A Thinking Ape is eager to welcome you as their new teammate: One of our company values is ownership, so you’ll have lots of opportunity to make your own decisions. You will work closely with engineers, artists and game designers and be involved in every aspect of product development. You will be responsible for evolving the architecture of our mobile application and contributing new features, tools, and optimizations of our newest game. We will consider immigration support for this role.
Check out a 2 min video clip of our engineers sharing why they are happy at A Thinking Ape.
You bring …
- An extensive track record architecting, and implementing, and releasing large-scale mobile games in Unity
- Several years' experience post-grad in a professional setting
- The ability to both prototype new ideas quickly and polish validated ideas to perfection
- A willingness to shape Unity development practice throughout the company
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for mobile gaming products
Things you will work on
Our newest game's front-end client is built with Unity, and is developed for both iOS and Android. At ATA you will be:
- Building front-end systems for massively multiplayer mobile games that hundreds of thousands of users will interact with
- Creating tools to automate and optimize processes across disciplines. These might be build systems for iOS and Android, optimizations for our 3D rendering and asset loading, or content pipelines for our art team
- Participating in every aspect of product development, from design to implementation to play-tests to metrics analysis
- Leading the technical investigation, implementation, release, and iteration of solutions to large scale product and technical problems
If the above describes the things you enjoy, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s a quick video clip of what we do at ATA.
A Thinking Ape is fully committed to diversity and inclusion; of our new hires in 2021, 49% were women or non-binary. We released our first game in 2009, and have been profitable ever since. Our teams are friendly, open to challenging themselves and everyone's ideas are heard based on our core value of having wonderful arguments. Our people leaders work with us individually to support our development; keep growing is another of our core values.
We’re working remotely across Canada, we’ll supply the equipment you need to do your work, and stipends to set up your workspace. We have a very flexible work schedule, three weeks of vacation, unlimited sick days, and a generous health benefits package. Our full story is here. You’re very welcome to connect with our recruiter Ingrid on LinkedIn.
Apply now to join us!