You will work across all areas of game development and play a big part in the success of our newest game. You will mentor team members and increase the studio wide knowledge of Unity. You will work closely with engineers, artists and designers to help us take our new game to the next stage. You will have a major impact on the end product and see millions of people using what you create.
You will be working on our newest game, Kingdoms of Heckfire. Internally we call it Team Kraken (all our teams are named after sea creatures). With worldwide launch set for late 2017 you will have the chance to greatly contribute to the team’s success. Help us realize the potential of our next big hit by building the features and mechanics that will contribute to the game’s success.
Things You Will Work On:
- Using your experience in Unity to help us build a top grossing game
- Developing our studio’s expertise in Unity by sharing your extensive knowledge
- Developing late game features for our real time realm map
- Client side feature development
- Performance optimization
Who You Are:
- You have proven experience building mobile games in a studio environment and consider yourself an expert in Unity
- You have solid knowledge and understanding of mobile application architecture
- You communicate clearly in code and in writing
- You are interested in metrics and data analysis
- You have an itch to make something people want and enjoy working on massive scale technical problems that reach a huge audience
Tell Us if You:
- Have experience optimizing a game in Unity
- Have worked on an open source project (link us to the Github)
- Have developed your own iPhone, Android, or Facebook app
- Hold a BSc., MSc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
While All our Apes are Different, to Thrive Here You Should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people, though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day), growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars are our favourite 🌮 , but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, mid-quarter updates with our Directors, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
Check out the game!