You will be working closely with your team to improve user engagement, retention and monetization in all of our products. This includes improving our existing content, and bringing all new features to life in our products. Your contributions will then be played by players from all over the world. Using player data and feedback, you will continually improve the features you are responsible for. Through this process, you will gain a deeper understanding into how free-to-play gaming works, and how to build and maintain world class free-to-play products.
You will be working on Team Leviathan, which we also call our live ops team. This team is responsible for three live games including Kingdoms at War, Party in my Dorm and CasinoX.
Things You Will Work On:
- Building relationships with development and creative teams to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation
- Optimizing features and content to increase retention and monetization
- Balancing virtual goods, in game currencies and game assets
- Analyzing user data and feedback to pitch and develop new content and game mechanics
- Standardizing flows and processes within our content generation pipelines
Who You Are:
Above all else, you are passionate about free-to-play games. You play them daily and have a strong desire to be involved in creating one yourself.
- You have 1 - 2 years of experience working in games or a similar product based role
- You can communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly in person and in writing
- You have a strong understanding of free-to-play game mechanics and game content pipelines
- You have the ability and desire to contribute unique concepts, ideas and solutions
- You have knowledge of the overall mobile product and game design processes
- You have experience with game economy, player progression and level design
- You have experience designing and balancing various leveling curves
- You have experience working with spreadsheets and are comfortable working in a math based role
Tell Us if You:
- Have a financial, psychology, or economics background
- Have experience working on a live free-to-play game
- Have experience with UX design or market research
- Have experience with data analysis
- Have developed a game yourself
- Have experience working with customer feedback and community
While All our Apes are Different to Thrive Here You Should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people, though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day) and growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together, so far taco bars are our favourite 🌮 (but we're open to new suggestions).
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, AMAs with our Directors and Founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity on our teams and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
Check out our newest game! 👇