A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We released our first game in 2009 and have been profitable and growing every year since. We are a bottom-up driven company with small teams that have a big focus on ownership and data driven decision making. Our portfolio of games are growing and we are scaling our team to bring our games to more players.
The job & the team:
As a Product Analyst, you will drive cross-functional collaborations with our live operations team to optimize every facet of players’ experience and grow the products to new heights. As a member of the newly established data team, you are a critical factor in shaping the future of the team, to realize its vision of better informing decision making and improving processes and efficiency with data.
Things you will work on:
You will work closely with all disciplines of the live game teams on measuring and analyzing various aspects of the products and their users to uncover new insights, make informed evaluations on changes, and propose practical solutions to achieve product objectives. You can contribute by:
- Analyze and support the improvement of key performance indicators such as lifetime value, conversion, retention, and engagement
- Create dashboards and reports at various levels of details to inform stakeholders
- Track and monitor product metrics like engagement and economy, and conduct investigation on potential causes of change
- Find answers to business questions via data exploration and visualization to assist feature design and product operations
- Identify areas with high return on investment within the data team scope and aid prioritization and planning
The primary qualifications we’re looking for are:
- You hold a degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative field
- You have extensive experience querying in SQL and working with large datasets
- You understand the fundamentals of statistics and are comfortable conducting hypothesis testing and regression analysis
- You are expert at working with and presenting results in spreadsheets
- You excel at communication and collaboration with people from different backgrounds
Other things that help:
- You understand the concept of free-to-play games and related design principles
- You have practical experience with Google BigQuery, Tableau, and/or other BI and visualization software
- You can automate workflows using a scripting language such as python
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. We are proud of the wonderful people, workplace and culture that ATA has fostered since its inception.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.