A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We released our first game in 2009 and have been profitable and growing every year since. We are a bottom-up driven company with small teams that have a big focus on ownership and data driven decision making. Our portfolio of games are growing. We are scaling our marketing team and entering new markets to capitalize on this growth and bring our games to more players.
As the Marketing Art Director you will lead a team of four to scale our two highly popular free-to-play original IP games, Kingdoms of Heckfire and Party in my Dorm. These games have passionate communities and appeal to vastly different audiences.
You will focus on high level strategy, creative direction of ad campaigns, leading/coaching your team, process and pipeline improvements and cross team collaboration. With you leading the marketing creative team and the support of our user acquisition team we hope to grow our existing and new game communities to reach tens and maybe even hundreds of millions of users!
You will be working on Team Narwhal, our performance marketing team responsible for growing all of our games across multiple channels. As a team we execute on a high volume of creatively diverse content and aren’t afraid to try new things, take risks, and learn.
Things you will work on
- Creative direction of ad campaigns across multiple products
- Work closely with UA Director and Product Leads to create high level strategy for the marketing team
- Coaching/leadership for marketing creative team
- Provide art direction and feedback on concepts, storyboards, final ad creatives
- Create concepts and brainstorm new ideas alongside your team
- Improve and implement creative process and pipelines
- Manage outsource or 3rd party vendors
- Project management for creative team
- Scale and build marketing creative team as we grow
Who you are
You are excited about the types of games we make at ATA and the variety of audiences our marketing creative team must appeal to through the content they create. You can create high level marketing strategy while coaching and mentoring your team, but what really excites you is the variety in this role and the opportunity to work alongside your team creating concepts and brainstorming new ideas.
The perfect candidate will also be a passionate player of free-to-play games across different genres. You play them daily, understand how they monetize, and how to market these games.
The primary qualifications we're looking for are
- Experience working in a marketing creative role
- Experience leading a team of artists across multiple disciplines
- Experience working as an artist or lead on mobile free-to-play games, preferably in the kingdom builder/SLG or fashion and design genre
- Relevant experience such as animation, cinematics, graphic design, or advertising
- Strong understanding of UA funnel, metrics and general industry marketing trends
- Strong people lead skills with experience building and running a mid-sized team
- Experience with App Store Optimization and other marketing best practices
Some other things that help are
- Experience with 2D and 3D art pipelines
- Experience with animation directing, storyboarding, cinematics
- Experience with traditional marketing, branding, graphic design or video production
- Experience working with Unity or other game engines
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. Please consider applying even if you don't meet every qualification. Experience comes in many forms and we value adding diverse perspectives to our teams.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.