A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We are a bottom-up driven company with small teams that have a big focus on ownership and data driven decision making. We released our first game in 2009 and have been profitable and growing every year since. Our portfolio of games are growing. We are scaling our marketing spend and entering new markets to capitalize on this growth and bring our games to more players. Over 2018 we have seen extensive growth and the combined year over year revenue growth for our games grew by 48%.
What is the role?
As a Senior User Acquisition Manager you will use your mobile marketing experience to grow our games through a variety of channels. You will define a high level user acquisition strategy and constantly evaluate a variety of measurable aspects of marketing campaigns to maximize our marketing ROI.
What will you do as a Senior User Acquisition Manager?
- Define how we measure success - establish benchmarks and criteria to evaluate campaign performance
- Use your experience and knowledge to define a high level UA strategy that makes use of the different mobile advertising networks
- Allocate budgets across different networks according to your defined strategy and explore new networks on an ongoing basis
- Use your big picture thinking to tackle new problems such as localization, entering new markets and exploring new networks
- Work closely with the marketing art team to optimize creative concepts
- Communicate with game teams to propose potential product improvements that could impact growth and re-engagement
- Define and adapt audience targeting strategies across different channels
Who are we looking for?
The primary qualifications we’re looking for are:
- Deep knowledge of the mobile advertising space
- Experience in digital / marketing analytics and performance marketing
- Experience working with mobile advertising channels, most importantly Facebook and Google UAC
- Experience analyzing conversion rates, retention and other common KPIs
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- You must be comfortable with uncertainty and incremental change
Other qualifications that help are:
- Experience managing a team
- Background or degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or related field
- Deep interest in mobile gaming
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and well-being are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. We are proud of the wonderful people, workplace and culture that ATA has fostered since its inception.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.