A Thinking Ape builds communities through mobile games with emergent social play and original IP. We are a bottom-up driven company with small teams that have a big focus on ownership and data driven decision making. We released our first game in 2009 and have been profitable and growing every year since. Our portfolio of games are growing. We are scaling our marketing spend and entering new markets to capitalize on this growth and bring our games to more players. Over 2018 we have seen extensive growth and the combined year over year revenue growth for our games grew by 48%.
What is the role?
As a Performance Marketing Analyst you will join the growth team who are responsible for growing our portfolio of games across multiple channels. You will implement, measure and optimize user acquisition campaigns for all of our games. You will work closely with product managers, engineers and artists in different capacities. You will also develop and strengthen relationships with our current and future advertising partners.
What will you do as a Performance Marketing Analyst?
- Create and manage user acquisition campaigns on different channels
- Analyze performance of campaigns and derive strategies to optimize campaigns accordingly
- Test and iterate on marketing assets in coordination with our creative teams
- Strengthen relationships with our advertising partners, including Facebook, Google and others
- Research new growth channels for user acquisition
- Stay up-to-date with mobile advertising strategies and trends
- Work closely with engineers to get technical support for tools and data
Who are we looking for?
The primary qualifications we’re looking for are:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Results oriented data-driven decision maker
- Entrepreneurial initiative and strong problem solving capacity
- You try new things, adapt quickly and invest when results are promising
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured, rapidly changing environment
- A knack for building and maintaining business relationships
- You are an expert in Excel
- You must be comfortable with uncertainty and incremental change
Other qualifications that help are:
- Background or degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or related field
- Experience with Tableau
- Deep interest in mobile gaming
- Knowledgeable about industry trends and global consumer behaviours
What to include in your application
- Cover letter
- Answer the questions in the application form
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. We are proud of the wonderful people, workplace and culture that ATA has fostered since its inception.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.