You will be working as an engineer on one of our product teams who are rapidly building communities through mobile games. You will work closely with artists and designers to grow our games from the population of a city to the population of an entire country. You will design services used by a large number of concurrent users, and implement scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for both client and server. You will have a major impact on the end product, and will be involved in every aspect of its development. Millions of people will use what you create.
Engineers at ATA are involved in all aspects of the products we create. You will have the ability to influence the design and development of nearly everything that we build. You will be provided with challenging work to continuously improve and grow as we believe strongly in the continuous growth level of the human brain. Though we are language agnostic in our interview process some of the technologies we use in our games include: Django (Python), iOS (Objective-C), Android (Java) and Unity (C#).
Things you could work on
- Build entire features from front-end client code to back-end server support. Many of our engineers are full stack!
- Become involved in every aspect of product development, from design to implementation to playtest to metrics analysis.
- Create tools to automate and optimize processes across disciplines. These might be adding additional player management tools for our community team, data pipeline optimizations for our game designers, or even content pipelines for our art team.
- Infrastructure optimizations and tools for our in-house server deployment process.
Who you are
- You have an itch to make something people want and enjoy working on massive scale technical problems that reach a huge audience.
- You are a tech generalist, a full stack engineer with the desire to work on both client and server side implementations of entire features.
- You have a solid knowledge and understanding of mobile application architecture.
- You communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly in code and in writing.
- You have an interest in and play mobile gaming products.
What to include in your application
- Yes, we do need your resume 😊
- Link us to things you’ve built! - show us what you made (side projects, open source projects, hackathons, anything we missed?).
- Tell us about any competitions you’ve participated in.
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. We are proud of the wonderful people, workplace and culture that ATA has fostered since its inception.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.