You will be working closely with your team to improve user engagement, retention and monetization in our live products. This includes improving our existing content, building new content, and bringing all new events and features to life in our products. Your contributions will then be played by players from all over the world. Using player data and feedback, you will continually improve the features you are responsible for. Through this process, you will gain a deeper understanding into how free-to-play gaming works, and how to build and maintain world class free-to-play products.
You will be joining the Leviathan Team, which is responsible for Party in my Dorm and Kingdoms at War! These games have loyal player bases that have played for many years, and are deeply invested in the game world. Party in my Dorm in particular has seen a great deal of growth recently, and that represents a big opportunity for ATA to expand into. We’re excited to see how you could take our team to the next level!
Things you will work on:
- Build relationships with development and creative teams to facilitate idea generation and execute on event and content plans
- Optimize features and content through data to increase retention and monetization
- Balance virtual goods, in game currencies and game assets
- Analyze user data and feedback to pitch and develop new content and event mechanics
- Work with and provide feedback on internal tools so we can improve them to empower our design team further
- Facilitate and make decisions about live operation of Leviathan games
Who you are:
- You have 1 - 2 years of experience working in games or a similar product based role
- You can communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly in person and in writing
- You have a strong understanding of free-to-play game mechanics and game content pipelines
- You have the ability and desire to contribute unique concepts, ideas and solutions
- You have knowledge of the overall mobile product and game design processes
- You have experience with game economy, player progression and level design
- You have experience designing and balancing various leveling curves
- You have experience working with spreadsheets and are comfortable working in a math based role
Tell us if you:
- Have a financial, psychology, or economics background
- Have experience working on a live free-to-play game
- Have experience with UX design or market research
- Have experience with data analysis
- Have developed a game yourself
- Have experience working with customer feedback and community
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games developer with big ambitions. We are a team of 65 people + 5 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day), growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver 🏔️. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars 🌮 are our favourite, but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating something that becomes a part of their lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give you the freedom to do your best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape all-hands meetings, mid-quarter updates with our leadership team, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular 1:1s with your lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA Co-Founder and CEO, talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!