ATA is looking for an Art Lead to lead the creative team for our Live Games. As our games continue to grow, so does our game community’s desire for new and interesting content to engage with. Whether it’s adding a new feature in Party in my Dorm or creating a vampire cow statue for Kingdoms at War’s throne room, the need for creative content continues to expand. Working with our talented team of game artists, game designers and engineers, you will drive the creative vision across the entire team. You will be involved in decision making and strategy that will push our world-class Live Games creative to the next level. Your leadership and mentoring will raise the bar of all the artists and together with the team, bring the creative vision of the games to life.
You will be working on Team Leviathan which is home to our world-class live games team. The team leads the industry in supporting and growing games, some of which have occupied the Top Downloaded and Top Grossing charts historically. We design, build, release and improve on huge new features and we aren’t afraid to try new things, take risks, and learn. The team is metrics driven and entirely autonomous in it’s decision making.
Things you will work on
- You are responsible for the overall tone and visual style of the creative
- Manage team of in house artists and outsource contractors
- Lead and mentor a small art team - provide direction and feedback to a team of artists to help guide and grow their careers
- Hands-on with concepts and execute on assets
- Work with product and tech leads to coordinate the production of new features and live operation art needs
- Collaborate with marketing on various ad campaigns or promotional material
- Create benchmark concepts for variety of game assets including characters, backgrounds and various other game assets
Who you are
- Experience creating artwork for games
- Ability to lead, mentor and inspire a team of artists
- Knowledge of art pipelines for games
- Experience managing and mentoring artists
- Experience with developing and/or maintaining art style for a project
- Good communication and collaboration between disciplines and teams
Tell us if you...
- Have launched a mobile game in a senior role or above
- Have relevant experience in similar industries (console, TV or Film Animation, etc)
- Have any additional skills sets such as animation, motion graphics, illustration, 3D graphics, storyboarding, UI/UX design
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. We are proud of the wonderful people, workplace and culture that ATA has fostered since its inception.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.