You will lead the engineering team on one of our growth products with a full team of developers, designers and artists as well as support from our user acquisition and data science team. Party in my Dorm is a highly popular free-to-play game in the middle of rapid growth and we need your help. Currently, the game has the population of a small city, with a player driven trade economy, a passionate community and years of content. You will drive the technical vision and implementation of this game to the next level, and grow our player base so it rivals the size of a small country. Be a part of our world-class live operations team as we scale this game into the top of the charts. You will also get a chance to work on our other live games.
You will be working on Team Leviathan which is home to our world-class live-ops team. The team leads the industry in supporting and growing games, some of which have occupied the Top Downloaded and Top Grossing charts historically. We design, build, release and improve on huge new features and we aren’t afraid to try new things, take risks, and learn. The team is metrics driven and entirely autonomous in it’s decision making.
Things you will work on
- Define and lead the technical vision and roadmap for multiple mobile products using a data driven decision process whenever possible
- Design and implement entire in-game features from front-end client code to back-end server support.
- Develop tools as well as data and content pipelines to amplify the productivity of game designers, artists, and engineers
- Establish best practices and processes for the development, testing and deployment of code
- Lead the technical project management for the team, including task prioritization and progress tracking
- Oversee the engineering resources for your team, and contribute to the hiring of engineers company wide
- Grow and guide the careers of the engineers reporting to you
Who you are
- You have an itch to make something people want and enjoy working on massive scale technical problems that reach a huge audience
- Experience working on a live mobile product and a strong understanding of mobile application architecture and content pipelines
- You are a full stack engineer with the ability to drive the development of both client and server side implementations of scalable services used by a large number of concurrent users
- Extensive knowledge of database design and structure
- You have developed and launched new features, evaluated their success and iterated in a live environment
- Experience with data analysis, KPI impact analysis and metrics based decision making
- You have led an engineering team, leveling up other engineers through management and mentorship
- Project management experience with the ability to prioritize product needs against timelines for implementation, resourcing constraints, and current product KPIs
- You communicate your thoughts and ideas clearly in code and in writing
Tell us if you have...
- Worked on any cool side projects, games, open source projects, or anything else - show us what you've built!
- Any experience working with Django, MySQL, iOS or Android
- Worked on or shipped any mobile games
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should...
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What’s in it for you
At ATA you’re offered a flexible, safe, inclusive environment in which you have the autonomy to do your best work, surrounded by a strong team and with the encouragement of supportive leadership that doesn’t just care what you’re doing, but how you’re doing. You’re trusted, respected, listened to, cared for and valued. You take on thought-provoking projects and tackle fun problems alongside people who are equally invested in making meaningful contributions and seeing new ideas come to life. You know how your work aligns with the company’s goals. Your career is given the space and resources to progress. You accomplish things that make you proud. You are compensated competitively, your health and wellbeing are top priorities and you enjoy plenty of perks. You build communities, take ownership, have wonderful arguments, let the best ideas win and keep growing. You don’t just work for ATA, you are an integral part of ATA.
Our commitment to inclusion
At ATA we build communities. But community extends beyond our players: it also encompasses our employees and candidates. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion. Part of this is selfish; we believe we’ll make better decisions if we’re able to tap into a variety of different perspectives. But we also care that our employees and candidates feel valued and comfortable being themselves. We are proud of the wonderful people, workplace and culture that ATA has fostered since its inception.
Discover even more
Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following @athinkingape on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA CEO & Co-Founder, talk about what it’s like to work here.