We are looking for an Art Director to join our growth team and help us scale our two biggest franchises. These two original IP games are acting as growth engines for the studio and we are looking for someone who can help us scale up our budgets and search for new growth tactics. With the support of our entire data science team, our marketing art team can measure the impact of everything they create and reach millions of users per year. We need your help leading them to a strategy that helps us reach into the tens of millions of users, and maybe even the hundreds of millions!
You will use your background in advertising or marketing to work on campaigns for our existing and new games. You will craft creative concepts and explore innovative ways to attract new players to our communities. You have a deep understanding of marketing and can use your art skills to communicate these concepts and execute on campaigns alongside the team of artists working with you.
Our growth team (or Team Narwhal as we call them) consists of artists, analyst and engineers who collaboratively create new ways to grow our games across multiple channels. As a performance marketing team we execute on a high volume of creatively diverse content.
Things you will work on:
- Generate and lead marketing art team in creating innovative and eye catching campaign concepts
- Provide feedback to your team and ensure everyone is working towards the same vision
- Work with analysts to dig into campaign data and understand what is performing across different channels
- Direct the marketing team to generate ideas through regular creative brainstorms
- Work closely with Director of Growth and Growth Analysts to determine overall direction of ad concepts
- Competitive research - know what’s trending on the app store and what other companies are doing
Who you are:
- You know how to sell a product
- You have experience leading creative projects and a team of artists across multiple disciplines including motion/video artists and graphic designers
- You have the ability to set a campaign look and feel and ensure all output matches the set style
- You have experience working with creative pipelines designed to iterate and test out many creative concepts quickly
- You have the experience and ability to know what appeals to players and can use this skill to create great performance marketing campaigns
- You possess art skills that allow you to communicate concepts - you are a great leader AND a great artist
Tell us if you:
- You have experience working in advertising or at a marketing agency
- Have 2D or 3D animation experience
- Have storyboarding experience
- Have experience working with outsourcing pipelines
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games developer with big ambitions. We are a team of 65 people + 5 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day), growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver 🏔️. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars 🌮 are our favourite, but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating something that becomes a part of their lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give you the freedom to do your best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape all-hands meetings, mid-quarter updates with our leadership team, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular 1:1s with your lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA Co-Founder and CEO, talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
Check out our latest game! 👇