We are looking for a marketing artist to work with our performance marketing team to create eye catching ad campaigns for our mobile games. You will work closely with our existing team to create and execute on ad campaigns for our games across multiple ad networks. A large part of your role will be taking existing ads and creating these in new sizes and resolutions, with the opportunity to take on more challenging projects as you grow. We are always looking for new ways to engage and excite our audience through eye catching and sometimes quite humorous ads, so a good sense of humour is a must.
Team Narwhal (all of our teams are named after sea creatures) is responsible for growing our existing games through creative ad campaigns across multiple ad networks. The team is made up of growth analysts, artists and engineers who collaboratively find new ways to grow our games.
As a Marketing Artist You Will:
- Work closely with our team of marketing artists to create eye catching advertising campaigns
- Produce digital mockups, assets and campaigns of various sizes and resolutions to be used across multiple advertising platforms
- Work on multiple concurrent products while meeting tight deadlines
- Collaborate with various game teams and artists to showcase exciting new features
- Use data to continually iterate and improve on ad concepts
Who You Are:
- Strong understanding of marketing design and best practices
- Experience with graphic design, layout, typography and motion graphics
- Experience with production pipelines and strong understanding of digital pipeline best practices
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
Tell Us if You:
- Have worked in the games and/or mobile industry before
- Have sketching and storyboarding skills
- Are skilled in illustration, animation or 3D software
While All our Apes are Different to Thrive Here You Should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better collectively than anyone could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
What to Include in Your Application:
- Your porfolio (online or offline)
- Illustrations (personal or published)
- Work with typography
- Any video or motion design work
A Thinking Ape is a growing independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people (though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 ) + dogs 🐶 (depending on the day) and growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together, so far taco bars are our favourite 🌮.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, AMAs with our Directors and Founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story 📖 to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!