Your work will play an essential role in creating exciting new content that millions of people love and use every day. You will have the chance to learn about the entire mobile game production pipeline and create art that will be used and seen by millions of players around the world. You will work across three of our live games with a focus on Party in my Dorm, a highly popular free-to-play game in the middle of rapid growth.
You will be working on Team Leviathan which is home to our world-class live ops team. The team leads the industry in supporting and growing original IP games, some of which have occupied the Top Downloaded and Top Grossing charts. We design, build, release and improve on huge new features and we aren’t afraid to try new things, take risks, and learn
Things you will work on:
- Create a variety of 2D assets, including characters, props and backgrounds, from concept to game ready art
- Contribute to visual development of new features and ideas being added to the game
- Collaborate with our in-house team of Product Designers, Artists and Animators to create new and exciting content for the PimD universe
- Contribute to projects outside the game such as promotional materials, animations, or marketing
Who you are:
- You have a passion for creating art that matches the unique PimD tone and style and are up to date with current trends in fashion, music and pop culture with a portfolio that shows this!
- You have a strong understanding of art principles and elements
- You are interested in the social mobile gaming industry
- You are an excellent communicator and know how to manage your own time
- You have a solid understanding of the college/PimD audience and are passionate about creating designs for that world
- You enjoy creating compelling characters and worlds
Tell us if you:
- Have previous mobile or game experience
- Have 2D and/or 3D animation experience
- Have worked in collaborative, cross-functional environments
- Have any experience working in Photoshop, Flash, and/or After Effects
- Have experience with 2D concepting, storyboarding or animation
While all our apes are different, to thrive here you should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 65 people, though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 + a half dozen dogs 🐶, growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars are our favourite 🌮, but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, mid-quarter updates with our Directors, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!