You are the voice of ATA to our players. You listen and engage with the community to understand what we can do to improve our games. The majority of your time will be spent communicating with players in a one-to-one capacity resolving issues and creating a positive in-game experience.
Our mission as a company is to build communities within our games and as a part of this team you will play a huge part in making this a reality.
Things You Will Work On:
- Listening to our players to find suggestions that will improve our games
- Communicating with our players to help resolve any problems they may encounter
- Actively playing the games you are responsible for in order to have first hand knowledge of the games you are supporting
- Collaborating with the game team to resolve critical issues that may arise
- Engaging with our community in our VIP, Beta and Moderator programs
Who You Are:
Above all else you love to play free to play mobile games and have a desire and commitment to making customers happy. Bonus points if you are an active player in one of our games!
- You have worked in a professional environment and are highly proficient with chat based software
- You have excellent reading and typing speeds (you will be handling a lot of messages per day in an online setting using our internal chat tools)
- You enjoy growing and being a part of online communities
- You enjoy working with people and talking to the public and customers
- In this role you will need deep knowledge of our games so you should like to play our games or another mobile game at a high level
- You have experience writing technical content
Tell us if You:
- Have gaming industry customer service experience
- Are considered a pro player in any online game
- Have ever run a clan/guild in an online game
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Volunteer for a cause that is important to you
While All our Apes are Different to Thrive Here You Should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
Open availability is required.
In order to meet the support requirements of our communities, A Thinking Ape supports our players seven days a week. While you will only work 5 days a week, you must be available to work on any of the 7 days in a rotating schedule.
A Thinking Ape is a growing independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 70 people (though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍) + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day) and growing who just moved into a new office in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together, so far taco bars are our favourite 🌮.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, AMAs with our Directors and Founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story 📖 to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity on our teams and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!
Check out our newest game! 👇