You will join the team that drives ATA’s culture in this dynamic role that touches on SO. MANY. THINGS. You’ll tackle a lot each day and check more things off your to-do list than you thought possible (it’s super satisfying). ATA’s Office Administrator is fundamental to its ecosystem, which means you’ll kick a$$ and take names in all areas, from facilities operation to expense management to candidate experience.
Our culture and environment are as important to us as our primary business, and they’re treated with the same priority as any of our customer-facing products. The People Team is responsible for employer branding, recruitment, training and development and employee experience, and as a core member, you will help us on our mission of finding the best people externally so that we can build a strongly connected community internally.
Things you will work on:
- Be the face of the company for many of our vendors. You enjoy building relationships and you’re definitely a people person.
- Coordinate various budgets and manage operational expenses. It’d be great if your middle name is Attentiontodetail, because accounts payable, employee reimbursements, credit card reconciliations, purchase orders and cheque writing are in your wheelhouse.
- Keep the ship that is ATA afloat. Managing daily operations like inventory maintenance, supplies procurement, and studio security systems are as second nature to you as breathing.
- Be everyone’s favorite ape because your food choices are 10/10. Catered lunches and snacks are a cornerstone of our perks, and you take complete ownership of the studio’s culinary offerings.
- Coordinate and facilitate brag-worthy internal cultural events. We love a good party.
- Continuously improve the office space in order to create a healthy, productive, happy and downright awesome work environment.
- Assist the rest of the team with various People & Culture initiatives around employee engagement, employer branding, and community engagement.
- Work closely with the recruiter to schedule candidate phone screens and interviews and then follow up with candidates.
Be a key part of ensuring we deliver an A+ candidate experience, including communicating with candidates throughout the interview process, giving studio tours and booking candidate travel.
Assist with the onboarding of new apes through our internal HRIS.
Manage candidate information in our internal ATS. (See: that earlier thing about your middle name being Attentiontodetail).
- Additional administrative responsibilities, as needed.
Who you are:
Above all else, you are passionate about working with people...everyday...in all sorts of ways.
- You are a clear communicator, both written and verbal
- You have experience with G Suite (including calendar management) and Microsoft Office
- You have fine tuned prioritization skills coupled with an ability to respond to competing demands
- You are committed to building the best culture and work environment ever
- You are an extremely organized self-starter open to new and weird ideas
- You are able to react and troubleshoot in a variety of situations
Tell us if you:
- Have experience managing a facility
- Have knowledge or experience in expense management and/or bookkeeping
- Have experience scheduling all kinds of things (who knows what’ll come up!)
- Have experience ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Worked in a startup environment in the past
- Are interested in/play mobile games
While all our apes are different, to thrive here you should:
- Be self-motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail, you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games startup with big ambitions. We are a team of 60 people, though sometimes we call ourselves apes 🦍 + 1-3 dogs 🐶 (depending on the day) and growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together, so far taco bars are our favorite (but we're open to new suggestions).
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: Both our staff and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating games that become a part of our player’s lives. However, building games of this quality are challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give them the freedom to do their best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported by an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations, and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape meetings, AMAs with our Directors and Founders and regular one-on-ones with your team lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today and learn about our culture by following #thisisata. Listen to co-founder Kenshi Arasaki talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity on our teams and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to be a part of a team making the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!