Atfarm (www.at.farm) is on a mission to feed the world in a more sustainable way. We’re starting by making precision farming available to every farmer by combining the latest in satellite imaging with sophisticated algorithms built on decades worth of experience in agronomy (the science of crops). At our core, we help farmers increase their harvest yield whilst using fertiliser more accurately and sustainably.
Atfarm is a new startup venture by Yara International, a leading provider of crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries. With Atfarm you will have the culture and pace of a startup with serious backing and support from Yara International.
We recently launched in France and German. We are rapidly gaining traction and growing our team to accelerate product development, and expanding to new markets. This is your chance to join an exciting, high growth venture and help shape the future of agriculture.
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will:
- Work within a product team with a product manager, designers, and other developers to create solutions and apps focused on our customers’ needs.
- Participate in the full life cycle of a product, from early stage rapid prototyping through to full market release and continuous improvement after initial launch.
- Develop back end components of scalable apps and solutions
As a person you are:
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction.
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- Experience with production grade software design and implementation using Java or Go
- Experience with SQL-DB (e.g. PostgreSQL) and optionally NoSQL (e.g.DynamoDB)
- Experience with AWS, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Extensive practical knowledge of unit and integration tests
- 3 years or more experience with modern, large scale software projects: source code control with Git, APIs, cloud platforms, test driven development, continuous integration, documentation
- A broad understanding of concepts such as service oriented architecture, micro services, message queues, machine learning, and geospatial data
Our Tech Stack:
- Languages and frameworks: Java (Spring Boot), Python, Go
- Tools: AWS, Git, CircleCI, JIRA, Kubernetes (Docker)
- Principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organisation, transparency
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- Directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited working contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- A choice your own preferred hardware (CYOD)