At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
Why you should join our Finance team:
At-Bay’s Finance team is ultimately responsible for the accurate and complete financial reporting for a fast paced and growing company. You’ll be joining a team of accomplished professionals that love to learn and share knowledge. It’s a team that focuses more on building efficiencies and fixing bottlenecks, rather than building a culture of overtime and burn out. This role is half highly independent work, and half collaborative across different departments.
As a member of our North American payroll team, you will help us create a harmonious payroll process and a supportive work environment. You will have ownership over payroll processing and be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of our semi-monthly Salary, and Hourly payrolls. You will report to the Senior Payroll Accountant and be an integral member of our team who helps us build processes, internal controls and vendor relationships.
How you’ll make an impact:
By 3 months…
- You’ll be processing all our US payrolls, and be confident in your processing and reviewing procedures.
- You’ll have identified and addressed areas of improvement in our systems and processes.
- As a member of our core payroll team, you will have selected a new payroll processing software.
By 6 months...
- You’ll have fully onboarded a new payroll processing software.
- You’ll have helped us onboard one new benefits provider.
- You’ll have established procedures for testing payroll taxes and benefits expenses.
What you’ve accomplished already:
- You’ve successfully owned the payroll process for 200+ US employees
- You’re well versed in regulations and laws surrounding payroll, benefits and payroll taxes and are comfortable with researching new earnings or deductions
- You have excellent working relationships with payroll and benefits vendors
- You are an expert at navigating payroll processing software, and have opinions on how things could be improved.
- You have the highest level of respect for employees and their confidentiality
- You are comfortable using data tools like Excel to test payrolls for accuracy
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.