At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
Senior Cyber Risk Modeler/Data Scientist
The risk function is one of the most critical, cross functional business units at our company. As a Cyber Risk Modeler on the Modeling team, you will be working under the risk function. You will develop the cyber risk model of attritional and catastrophe exposures for the forever changing cyber landscape and craft the very first At Bay aggregation risk view. This is a multidisciplinary role that includes developing deep cyber and tech knowledge, business acumen, research, and analytical skills.
- Develop an industry leading catastrophe model in house reflecting At Bay program and accumulation management
- Collaborate with Security Service, Data & Research, Insurance Product, Risk teams to extract meaningful insights from the cyber threat landscape to inform model development
- Design and develop tools to effectively visualize the future cyber events
- Explore, analyze, and interpret data from multiple sources
- Analyze claims data to identify the drivers of the frequency and severity of cyber security risk
- Continue to iterate and validate model methodology and assumptions, calibrate to actual attritional and catastrophe occurrences
- Documenting results and providing meaningful analysis
In this role we value:
- 2+ years of experience in cyber risk modeling or natural catastrophe modeling, data analytics, and data visualization
- PhD or MS degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines, preferred
- Passion for leveraging data to understand and solve business problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences including leadership
- High level proficiency in Python or R, and SQL
- Driven, Organized, Team Player, Strong Sense of Ownership, Accountable, Concise, Attention to detail
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM) a plus
- Prior experience in insurance a plus
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, benefits package, and equity in a super fast-growing company
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- You will never lack for challenge, we are a unique blend of a fast-growing tech startup, an international firm, and an insurance company