Business Analytics Lead
Location: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
We are an insurance company built by cybersecurity experts, leveraging our technology and security expertise to better understand digital risks and, thus, build better insurance products and services. We help clients by providing insurance products, guidance on their security issues, and active risk management. Like software, digital risk is eating the world and we aim to empower businesses to thrive in this ever-changing landscape. At-Bay has raised nearly $300MM in funding from Icon Ventures, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Qumra Capital, M-12 (Microsoft), Acrew Capital, Khosla Ventures, Shlomo Kramer and MunichRe. We are 100+ people distributed globally with hubs in San Francisco, New York City, Atlanta, and Tel Aviv. We have aggressive plans to scale our business and believe the best way to make that happen is to immediately invest in further developing our teams.
As a founding member of the Business Operations and Analytics team, you will be tackling some of our most challenging and important issues. At-Bay is growing tremendously – 800% year-on-year – and the mission of this team is to help our leaders hone the levers for this growth and future opportunities to focus on. We are a data-driven company that’s looking to build our analytical understanding and drive impact across the business. This role is about leading this effort.
This is an opportunity for a high-impact individual to lead projects end-to-end and from a cross-functional vantage – from getting into the depths of our proprietary data to presenting findings and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Define key business metrics, processes, and reporting, working with the Strategy, Finance, Insurance Products, Business Intelligence, and other teams
- Develop reports on key performance indicators and share with executives and management across the business
- Develop a better understanding of our business across the company and inform decision-making that impacts the business
- Build dashboards in Tableau and other tools to communicate the health of our products and our business at the executive level
- Build a culture of data-driven decision making and results orientation by driving a reporting and metrics cadence across the business
- Develop scalable processes that solve gaps in how we operate
In this role we value
- 3-5 years of experience in business analytics, business intelligence, data analysis, or other heavily analytical roles. Previous insurance, sales finance or sales operations experience valued but not required
- Experience building new systems and tools for business analytics
- Experience with Excel, SQL, Tableau and Snowflake
- Self-starting and autonomous mindset
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work across teams and think through problems and solutions in various contexts (e.g., go-to-market, finance, product)
- Ability to take on different contexts (strategic v. operational) and engage across all levels of stakeholders (frontline to senior executive)