Atai is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative compounds and technologies to heal mental health disorders for everyone, everywhere. We operate a decentralized model whereby Atai incubates, acquires and supports individual platform companies by providing them strategic and operational functions centrally, allowing our platform companies to stay lean and agile in their clinical pursuits, whilst also being able to leverage the expertise of a multibillion-dollar global biotechnology company. Atai is pursuing a world-first strategy to deploy our clinical compounds alongside a clinically validated digital ecosystem which aims to utilize cutting edge technology, clinical protocol, human-interaction psychology and data science to enhance the clinical efficacy and engagement of our compounds.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer in Atai’s core digital platform company, Introspect, which uses evidence-based psychological protocol and highly engaging content (across video, audio and articles) to deliver psychotherapy to patients alongside their medication regime. Introspect forms the heart of Atai’s digital strategy, acting as a point of integration for other digital platform technologies and, crucially, facilitating Atai’s data strategy to expand treatment precision and care personalization.
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via an option plan
- First-in-class benefits, including full family medical, 401(k) matching & unlimited time off
- Work for a company that prioritizes employee mental health and work / life balance
- We are looking for a hands-on full stack senior engineer to help us to continue developing our next-generation Digital Therapeutics.
- Your primary responsibilities will involve design / development / deployment of rich features for our mobile and web applications, integration of RESTful APIs (ours and third-party), owning features from technical design and development through ongoing maintenance.
- This is a full-stack role and while it will be primarily front-end (mobile) focused, you will be expected to contribute to the server (nodeJS) codebase and provide peer review of other engineer’s code throughout the tech stack.
- You should have extensive experience (5+ years) developing and deploying front end mobile applications using React Native, Redux and ES6 best practices.
- A candidate for this job should relish complex technical challenges yet prioritize simplicity in your solutions.
- They should strive to understand the business requirements behind the software they build.
- They should be able to stay on track working remotely.
- All candidates must be able to promote a risk‐aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to and researching relevant best practices and requirements.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to lead projects and mentor other developing software engineers
- Comfortable with communicating through written word as well as verbally
- Love individual contribution, this is primarily a coding position
- ES6 / Typescript
- React / React Native / Redux
- RESTful APIs
- Integrating third party packages for iOS & Android
- Deployment to App & Play Stores
- Native iOS & Android development
- SQL & No SQL data stores
- Scaling / optimizing applications for performance
- Experience with NestJs and/or TypeORM
- AWS ecosystem and automation
- Dev Ops and/or CI / CD pipelines
- Background in psychology, chemistry or medicine
- Experience in life science or digital therapeutics
- Experience in gaming / computer graphics
- Experience / knowledge of machine learning
Equal Opportunity Employer
At atai, we are committed to providing an environment of diversity, inclusion and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.