atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We are developing psychedelic and non-psychedelic compounds and cutting-edge digital therapeutic tools, and are excited about anything that might mean a true leap forward for patients. We have offices in Berlin, London, New York, Boston and San Diego (and our office culture is important to us). Check out our website here.
In the role of Director, Investments & Venture Management at atai Life Sciences, you will:
- Drive deal flow to expand atai’s platform and enrich its existing portfolio
- Conduct extensive due diligence and prepare investment proposals for atai’s investment committee and other key stakeholders
- Serve as asset manager to new and existing assets and facilitate effective governance of atai’s investments
- Review atai’s portfolio of ventures in the context of near- and long-term strategic goals and capital allocation priorities
- Produce financial, industry, and competitive analyses for ATAI and subsidiary venture management
- Support ATAI platform company stakeholders’ navigation of strategic challenges and/or raising of additional funds via private or public financing rounds
- Represent atai during external calls or conferences and expand our network with industry players.
Those who succeed at atai will be strongly aligned with our values:
- Conscious Care: We take every action in service of our ultimate goal: to heal mental health disorders for all while caring for ourselves and our team.
- Bold Entrepreneurship: We are “loosely coupled but tightly aligned” as we strive for excellence over perfection, fast and focused to accelerate innovation for patients.
- Innovative Collaboration: individuals and teams work together with good humor and no drama, valuing different perspectives and diversity of thought, background, nationality, and style.
- Radical Responsibility: We take full responsibility for our circumstances. We grow and learn from failures
To succeed in this specific role, the following will also be important:
- You will have a strong scientific educational background (BA/BS degree, PhD in neuroscience or relevant fields)
- You will have 6-8 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or other deal flow/investing roles (with particular focus on life sciences)
- Experience in biotech or life sciences
- Strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams in advancing projects
- Highly entrepreneurial – you act on your convictions and drive processes from start to finish
- Comfortable with an unstructured environment – you are self-motivated and autonomous with strong communication skills
- Excited about the opportunity set – you have a genuine interest in the future of and players in biotech, pharma, mental/neuro health industries
- Contributor to an environment of collaborative innovation – you are a team player willing to give and receive feedback on an ongoing basis in order to advance collective goals
- Committed to conscious care – you help foster a culture that supports the needs of everyone involved, including yourself
The opportunity at atai will allow you to...
- Work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide range of topics
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- Be part of an open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- Work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- Have the opportunity to participate in the company's success via a share option plan