atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We operate a decentralized model whereby atai incubates, acquires, and supports individual platform companies by providing them strategic and operational functions centrally. This allows our platform companies to stay lean and agile in their clinical pursuits, whilst also being able to leverage the expertise of a multibillion-dollar global biotechnology company. Atai is pursuing a world-first strategy by deployng our clinical compounds together with our ecosystem of Digital Therapeutics, utilizing cutting edge technology, clinical protocol, human-interaction psychology, and data science in order to enhance the safety and efficacy of our compounds.
Who you are:
- You have a demonstrated ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without losing focus of the larger goal.
- You thrive in a global, dynamic, highly complex environment. You are comfortable working with a global team across time zones, different cultures, and various local rules and regulations.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills to set strategy and translate strategy into tactics.
- You overcome obstacles collaboratively while respecting others’ points of view, and you empower your team to be creative and resourceful.
- You are always learning and are always well informed on the state-of-the-art in your discipline.
- You are internally motivated to implement best practices in a continuous cycle of improvement.
- You can inspire, coach and lead project teams to meet project deadlines.
- Work in a fast-paced, matrix organizational environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics and cross-collaborate across teams
- Be a major contributor to the success of a rapidly growing innovative biotech start-up
- Become part of a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in how mental health disorders are being treated around the world
- Participate in company retreats in Europe and USA with a global team and supportive culture
- An open, meritocratic, data- and results-driven culture
- Extensive professional growth opportunities at a company where hard work is recognized
- Competitive stock option plan, employee benefits and health/wellness programs
- Oversee daily operations of the executive leaders and teams based in our Berlin headquarters (mainly Strategy, Operations, and Investment & Venture Management)
- Prioritize the executives’ time and resources proactively by keeping track of and proactively handling competing priorities and requests
- Empower your teams to be as efficient and effective as possible by managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Work closely with our 3 other executive & team assistants based in London, New York and Los Angeles to align executive and team priorities across timezones and functions
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations
- Prepare in-person company retreats
- Manage travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries
- Collect and prepare information for meetings with internal team members and outside parties
- Document and summarize meeting minutes
- Produce reports and presentations
- Maintain the current filing and database system, and look for ways to improve current systems
- Support and manage employee appreciation initiatives
- Setup and manage new and existing offices and maintain and office setup that optimizes workflow
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- 5-7 years’ experience as an executive assistant or similar role (eg. Chief of Staff)
- Fluency in German and English required
- High interest in biotechnology, drug development and Venture Capital
- Highly resourceful and able to handle complex and competing schedules of Executives
- High sense of empathy with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- Ability to handle multiple projects without losing attention to detail