atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We operate a decentralized model whereby atai incubates, acquires, and supports individual platform companies by providing them strategic and operational functions centrally. This allows our platform companies to stay lean and agile in their clinical pursuits, whilst also being able to leverage the expertise of a multibillion-dollar global biotechnology company. atai is pursuing a world-first strategy by deploying our clinical compounds together with our ecosystem of Digital Therapeutics, utilizing cutting edge technology, clinical protocol, human-interaction psychology, and data science in order to enhance the safety and efficacy of our compounds.
As an Transaction Counsel, Investments & Venture Management at atai Life Sciences, you will:
- Support investment/venture management team with all legal matters in respect of deal flow
- Lead due diligence teams and processes for new investments
- Manage legal aspects of investment proposals for supervisory board
- Manage deal execution, including structuring, together with general counsel and external counsel
- Oversee the legal aspects of our portfolio ventures monitoring
We believe you'll be successful in this role if you are this type of person:
- You have a demonstrated ability to attend to multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment without losing focus of the larger goal.
- You thrive in a global, dynamic, highly complex environment. You are comfortable working with a global team across time zones, different cultures, and various local rules and regulations.
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills to set strategy and translate strategy into tactics.
- You overcome obstacles collaboratively while respecting others’ points of view, and you empower your team to be creative and resourceful.
- You are always learning and are always well informed on the state-of-the-art in your discipline.
- You are internally motivated to implement best practices in a continuous cycle of improvement.
- You can inspire, coach and lead project teams to meet project deadlines.
These qualifications will get us excited to get to know you better:
- Outstanding academic track-record from a top-tier university and law school (NY or CA JD required)
- 6-10 years of qualification experience in corporate (ideally, private equity) M&A
- Superb Project Management and MS Office Skills (especially Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams in advancing projects
- Experience in biotech or life sciences transactions is a strong plus
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- High empathy with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
The opportunity at atai will allow you to...
- Work in a fast-paced, matrix organizational environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics and cross-collaborate across teams
- Be a major contributor to the success of a rapidly growing innovative biotech start-up
- Become part of a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in how mental health disorders are being treated around the world
- Participate in company retreats in Europe and USA with a global team and supportive culture
- Work in an open, meritocratic, data- and results-driven culture
- Gain extensive professional growth opportunities at a company where hard work is recognized
- Enjoy competitive stock option plan, employee benefits and health/wellness programs