Location: NYC, remote hybrid
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via a share option plan
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- An entry point to a successful career in life sciences
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of research and development accounting for the atai group companies.
- Collaborate with atai group company R&D personnel to ensure complete and accurate R&D reporting, and support contracting and purchasing flow for R&D expenses
- Coordinate with clinical research organizations and third-party manufacturers to obtain updates on trial/project progress and confirmations of unbilled work and outstanding invoices.
- Assist with the monthly close and prepare clinical trial accrual schedules in accordance with internal and SEC reporting timetables.
- Complete monthly reconciliations and investigate any material discrepancies
- Assist with consolidation of quarterly and annual financial information. Participate in the preparation of disclosures for SEC filings.
- Complete schedules and provide support to external auditors and internal forecasting team
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Research and Development accounting
- 1- 2 year(s) of relevant life sciences experience
- Experience with working in a complex reporting environment; SEC experience a plus
- Experience working with various systems, a.o. NetSuite is preferred
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Clear understanding of internal and external expectations in respect of controls and governance, with a clear vision of how to achieve 'best in class’
- Strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams
- Highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally
- Willingness to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise