Location: Remote, or in our Berlin Office
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via a share option plan
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- An entry point to a successful career in life sciences
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- A great office and co-working space in Krausenstraße Berlin Stadtmitte, Mindspace
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of internal and external financial reporting for a range of atai group owned platform companies.
Month End Close
• Compete end to end ownership of month end process ensuring the cross functional teams are meeting deadlines and ledgers and group reporting are completed on time.
• Calculate, post and review general ledger journals as necessary including the preparation & overview of monthly journals ensuring appropriate back-up.
• Clearing & reconciliation of all bank accounts.
• Preparation & posting of bi-weekly payroll journals, bonus accruals, pension, and relevant employment related taxes.
• Intercompany reconciliation/tie-out, support issue & processing of Intercompany invoices including reviewing monthly MSA accrual/recharge.
• Full account reconciliations and monthly analysis by GL, including identifying and clearing.
Process & Control
• Assist FP&A with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
• Assist in the development of SOX compliant documentation of internal controls.
• Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity, working to support streamlining & uniformity across all platform companies.
• Review & finance authorization of bi-weekly vendor payment runs.
• Support with roll out of a new PTP policy and be an advocate of PTP across the wider business & platforms.
Other projects/ad-hoc work
• Support external audit requirements providing understanding & sampling support across all entities.
• Support the development, testing and delivery of systems and processes for adoption across the group. Including ownership of platform company transactional data & opening balance migration.
• Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable& Treasury
• Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation.
• Any other ad-hoc work needed
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance Active CPA highly preferred
• Active CPA or CPA eligible highly preferred
• In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
• 1- 2 year(s) of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
• Experience with working in a complex reporting environment; SEC experience a plus
• Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to QBO, NetSuite, Oracle, Workiva is preferred
• Strong stakeholder management skills,
• Clear understanding of internal and external expectations in respect of controls and governance, with a clear vision of how to achieve 'best in class’.
• Strong track record in contributing to cross-functional teams.
• Highly empathetic with an outstanding ability to work multi-culturally.
• Willingness to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise.
How to apply
Help us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need - apply today via the form below with a few clicks and send us your updated CV, certificates, and references.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with a valid US work permit.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.