Location: Remote or in our New York office
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- A great office and co-working space in Krausenstraße Berlin Stadtmitte, Mindspace, or in New York
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via a share option plan
- Develop a strategic vision on how to reach our People goals, as set by you in collaboration with the founders and executive leadership team
- Develop and manage a competitive compensation program through regular market analysis, design pay, and equity structures that integrate with performance review cycles and employee progression paths.
- Develop, Implement and Maintain appropriate procedures and tools for equitable, cost-effective global market salary, benefits, and incentive structures
- Lead Learning and Development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company grows and scales.
- Educate, advise, and influence on organizational design, employee development, employee engagement and retention, performance criteria and measurement, talent reviews, and change management.
- Lead as a coach at all levels, from strategic advising to company founders and leadership team, to mentorship of new employees
- Prioritize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging in recruiting, hiring, employee development, and policies.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the People Ops function, with accountability for team growth and success and balancing strategic leadership with tactical/operational responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or MBA from a top-tier university with an excellent academic record in Human Resources, Business or Social Science
- 15+ years of working experience in Human Resources, with a strong preference for biotech or pharma experience in smaller companies (30-200 employees)
- Experience working in multinational companies and expertise in scaling and managing an HR department over 3 continents
- Ability to manage a complex company culture and company setup through influence, data, and a rigorous approach and being open to new ideas and perspectives to find the right solutions and fit for atai
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done, educating and leading the management team in developing a People strategy aligned with the company’s stage of growth
- Proven ability to lead strategic staffing planning process with the leadership team to anticipate department-specific and organization-wide tactical and strategic objectives, identify gaps/weaknesses, and reach appropriate hiring/staffing solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the US labor law and US employee benefits, knowledge of European labor law is a plus
- Willingness to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and to adapt to new situations as they arise
- Inspirational Role Model for the Company Culture with a team-oriented collaborative spirit, highest integrity, and a customer service approach
How to apply
Help us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need - apply today - via the form below with a few clicks and send us your updated CV, certificates, and references.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with a valid US work permit.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.