Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Electronics Test Specialist
A Test Specialist will be responsible for running and operating functional and performance tests on flight hardware and software. They will be testing PCBA’s, subsystems, and full spacecraft over a wide range of environmental conditions such as vibration, thermal vacuum, and EMI/EMC. They will directly run, process, and debug test failures on the floor and work with engineering to root cause solutions. They are also responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and calibrating test equipment and test fixtures in the lab.
- Execute automated tests and reporting scripts for functional and performance testing of spacecraft electronics
- Plan and execute functional and performance test plans (both manual and automated test cases)
- Develop standard operating procedures for test operations and related processes to train test operators across all environments
- Provide first-level troubleshooting, assist root cause efforts, and implement corrective actions for test and support equipment failures
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and calibrate test and support equipment
- Provide Design for Manufacturing and Test feedback to optimize processes and test setups
- 2+ years of working experience in a testing environment or role
- Experience with scripting languages is required, preferably Python, Linux Shell, Bash, and/or PowerShell
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, or power supplies) and data acquisition systems
- Experience developing and executing test plans and procedures from requirements
- Willing and able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as required
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline
- Programming experience (Python, C++, etc.)
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Radio Frequency Test experience (network analyzers, signal generators)
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience
What we offer: