Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
As a solutions engineer you will be working on satellite network design for global commercial and government solutions. At its core, this involves optimizing high throughput satellite networks by understanding and trading dozens of parameters, including but not limited to
- Digital payload configuration
- Orbital slot selection and frequency planning
- Gateway and remote earth station selection
- Baseband selection to meet the client’s specific use case
The role provides a balance of technical and business facing responsibilities. It is a high visibility and high impact role impacting both internal and external customers. Our responsibilities include:
- Building Astranis’s profile with the international business community
- Modeling and analyzing satellite networks using in house network software
- Interfacing with Commercial, US Government, and Executive teams
- Communicating our satellite network designs externally
- Aiding in regulatory (FCC, ITU, etc.) efforts regarding spectrum use and coordination
- Aiding and influence the design of analysis software that enables us to excel in our role
- Assisting in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
Mid-level to senior management roles are available, depending on the candidate.
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics (or equivalent background knowledge)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and shaping process and procedures for long term growth
- An excellent knowledge of enterprise LAN/WAN architecture and familiarity with IP networking protocols/hardware
- Proven track record in strategic technical sales environments balancing the customers’ wants with internal capabilities and goals
- Scripting language experience in one of the following: Python (preferred), MATLAB, R, Julia, C++, or similar. Comfortable using scripted tools to conduct analyses and trade studies.
- Preference to be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week
- Willingness to travel (~20%)
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Satellites communications industry experience with HTS systems in LEO, MEO, or GEO
- Link budgeting / Link analysis experience
- Experience with regulatory affairs for space based communications networks
- Experience working Military Satellite communications systems
What we offer: